Families First in Portsmouth, NH is looking for a volunteer to help supervise children! Aside from having a blast, you will be helping us out immensely.
Volunteers in this position provide childcare to children while their parents attend programs at Families First and/or work on projects and tasks that are related to childcare and parent/child programs.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must have a basic understanding of child development and childcare practices.
- Plan activities for the children’s programs.
- Work on parent-child program development.
- Help develop center resources such as parenting library or toy library.
Volunteers are encouraged to commit to a regular schedule, generally on a weekly basis, for our family and parenting programs. Other opportunities or special events are optional.
Supervision & Training:
Volunteers will be supervised by the Childcare Coordinator. Basic orientation will be provided. Volunteers will always be with a staff member while working with parents and children.
This opportunity is located at the Families First main offices in Portsmouth, and occasionally at offsite locations or events if volunteer agrees.
If interested, please contact James Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 603-422-8208 ext 126
Thank you very much.